ARIZONA

ARIZONA

Monday, October 24, 2011

Daniel vs Time

Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:40:36 -0700
From: eric.feller@myldsmail.net

This has been a long, slow week. We hardly taught!

Ada got in a car accident early on in the week and then because of it she drank again, which she had really been trying not to do. But it worked out, we had a really good lesson with her. She talks a lot and usually we can guide it to where she works out her own problems. I pointed out at the end of the lesson that she used the phrase "I know.." 3 times in connection with her new found testimony of God and her relationship with him. She had been struggling with faith a lot and so this was a huge and amazing step! But everything is going really well now. Her faith is continually growing. Now we have her focusing on the Book of Mormon, and we're still working towards baptism.

I did my first District Training and exchanges this week! I trained on effective study and preparing to teach and Elder Netzley and I tore it up in his area for a day. It was really fun, and I definitely learned more than I was able to teach taught. But we didn't really have much time because of everything going on.

We were able to put Amanda and Joseph back on date on Sunday! Our lessons got delayed all week so we made sure we got them to church by scheduling a lesson right after. We focused on Joseph, because he's 8, making sure he understands everything so he can be baptized. He's a really smart and really good kid. He remembered pretty much everything from the Joseph Smith movie at the visitors center. So the plan is for them to be baptized next Sunday evening.

Friday morning we stopped by a garage sale advertized as and "LDS Book Sale" and I found a copy of Mormon Doctrine for a dollar! The funny thing was, our Mission Nurse showed up before I could buy it and gave me $20  to buy stuff. So I got an old D&C and some stickers of the LA Temple, and still have $17 to spare!

Really, nothing much else happened this week.

Love,

Elder Feller

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome about the baptism and really cool about the money!!!
    Those investigators who have something happen to them and fall back are hard to understand. Things will work out!
    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete