ARIZONA

ARIZONA

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Daniel vs 1 Year

Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:59:35 -0700
From: eric.feller@myldsmail.net

This week has been pretty fun. I got a new companion, Elder Darrington (Dear-bear) from Declo Idaho (380 people). I don't remember if I told you about a missionary who put a huge deep whole in his knee mountain biking but he's my companion now. But his knee is getting better so we don't get a car. But we're having fun in queen creek.

The dust storm was crazy last week! I'm sure you heard about it and wondered if I got any of it... Queen Creek is right on the south-east edge of the phoenix valley, so we got it first! I was inside when it rolled in, but I saw pictures. But we biked around in the dust for a few hours. We walked out of a lesson to look at someones giant swing set in the back yard and it was crazy outside! All dark and dusty and windy .. at like 7. which is weird here, the sun comes up at 4:30 and down at  8:30. It was nuts.

Oh, so my old companion, Who was a big guy from Idaho, and was dieing in the heat, got sent to the mountains! In Eager, the little town with the closest stop light to Saint Johns. He's going to love it!

And, I don't know if you're aware, but I hit one year this Thursday!! The time has flown by, I can hardly believe it. I don't ever want to go home.

Oh so we also had a sweet lesson with brother Powell this week. Its been hard to bring up his feeling on the gospel  recently. Almost like he's avoiding it. But we got him alone and I went for it! We found out some of his concerns and then had a really good discussion on commitments and living up to the blessings. I think that's what he fears right now. But it was really good. I almost cried telling him about Brandon and Zach, the first two baptisms me and Elder Lesh had in Chandler, and what a blessing it was. We know more about whats up with him and are better prepared to teach him now. It was awesome.

Pray I have more to talk about!

Love,

Elder Feller
Video of the dust storm

Elder Baird

Dear-Bear and I trying to get some pictures in The Pecans.  Our richest neighborhood.
More of The Pecans

My free new shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment