ARIZONA

ARIZONA

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Letter from Aunt Katie

Dave and I have been watching Chuck at night after we put the kids to bed. They know how Chuck is all about being super spies and going on missions. One night Dave let them watch a little bit of Chuck before they went to bed. Knowing that it was about to get violent (more than some light Kung Fu) I told the kids that they had to go to bed. They were very upset and kept begging to stay up so that they could see what happened. I told them that Chuck was a grown up show and they could watch it when they got older. Lincoln kept insisting that he needed to watch the end of the episode and see what happened. I kept saying that he didn't. Finally, frustrated he announced that he had to watch the end of Chuck's first mission or he was never going to find out what Daniel did on his mission! It was then that I realized that the clear distinction between a "spy mission" and a "gospel mission" were not being recognized. I had to stifle my laughter as I explained the difference, and that no Daniel didn't carry a gun or get to kick people in the face. I'm pretty sure he's thinking differently about singing "I hope they call me on a mission" again.  =)

1 comment:

  1. I can just see you on secret missions! That is so awesome!
    I love this letter!
    -Steve

    ReplyDelete